Saturday, June 14, 2008

The Magical, Wonderful World of: Disney?! Yes!

So I bet you're asking yourself, Disney? Isn't this a little off topic? What does Disney World have to do with film, broadcasting, or general electronic media?!

Well, do I have an answer for you!

*chuckles like Goofy* Well, I can tell you, I am not the most educated or knowledgeable person when it comes to Disney information (like everything that surrounds and involves all the magical elements of Disney). But! I did get the wonderful opportunity, to work there last Fall!

Yes, that's right! Through Delta College, I signed up for a four-month internship with Walt Disney World last Fall of '07. I applied, had a phone interview, and got accepted! I was chosen to be a, "show keeper", which is the same as to say, a custodian!

At first, I was slightly apprehensive about their decision (because I wasn't exactly sure how promising and 'fun' this certain job would entail). Boy was I surprised and amazed by the amount of fun and great people skills I would experience and gain!!

I worked at the formally known, "Disney's MGM Studios" (now known as "Disney's Hollywood Studios". I walked around the park, picked up spills, trash, did trash runs, cleaned bathrooms and basically, made people happy. Genuinely good times! Talked to people from around the world, and one of my favorite things to do: *Magical Moments!

*Will go in to further detail later, about what exactly these "Magical Moments" are all about!

Anyway, the point of this post is to explain the fact that not only is this a great opportunity for college students (and high school graduates), but also for people looking to get involved with the Disney corporation professionally. This is why, Disney has also created, Professional Internships.

Since I have already experienced and completed the "College Program", I am seriously thinking of moving back down to Florida and experiencing a "Professional Internship".

Professional Internships go more in depth with individuals participating. They focus in on actual careers and professional jobs that relate and interest people that want to go in to certain areas.

This is why I am considering doing this internship, because they have a professional internship option of, *"Communications"!!

*I will continue in detail (in my next post) about what exactly is in this 'communications' field in the Walt Disney World corporation (all the options, elements, examples, etc.)!!

This is a bright opportunity for my future, and I just might take this option!

So, we'll see!
(can't wait to talk more about it!)!

Till' next time, see ya!!! :)

Peace.

No comments: