Wednesday, June 4, 2008

Fruity Loops Studio 7

Hello - dear fellow viewer,

I am here with an interesting subject concerning music editing. Further in this topic comes music production and putting music in to movies or films.

This subject is surrounding the continuously growing music production program entitled: "Fruity Loops Studio 7".

I have used and witnessed this program being in use by one of my closest friends. Ever since the age of 17 and since Fruity Loops Studio 4, my friend Sean has dabbled inside this wonderfully interesting and complex music-making program!
Though, I shouldn't say "dabbled", I should really say, "produced"!

He has produced and composed many songs, containing various sub-genres of Electronic Music, with different kinds of sounds, textures and elements in the mix.

His songs have gotten his artist name signed to large labels and have made their way to world-renowned albums (all from using the program, FL Studio 5, 6 and 7)!

Altogether, I'd say he has produced between 75 to 100 different songs. Sub-genres (of Electronic Music) such as:
  • Ambient/Down-tempo
  • Hardcore/UK Hardcore to Happy Hardcore
  • Hip-hop/Rap
  • House
  • Progressive Electro Tech-House
This program allows him and other users to alter beats, instruments, synths and other various noises and sounds. The feature that I love the most about this program has to be the fact that you can import VST (which stands for Virtual Studio Technology). VST (according to Wikipedia.org) is an interface for integrating software audio synthesizer and effect plugins with audio editors and hard-disk recording systems. VST and similar technologies use Digital Signal Processing to simulate traditional recording studio hardware with software. Thousands of plugins exist and VST is supported by a large number of audio applications. The technology can be licensed from its creator, Steinberg.

The thing I love about this feature is the synths that you can purchase (or download) and freely import in to the program to use at your free will. You can use the features, buttons and knobs within FL to alter and mess with the sounds of the synths to your liking! Another feature I'm sure all avid "Fruity" users would agree on (loving to use), is EQ'ing! This is used usually when you have completed a song and now you want to master the sound. Mastering means to make it sound... All pretty, basically! The EQ feature allows you to tweak the bass, middle and treble, as well as the various highs and lows of the songs (whether it be the pitches of the sounds, or the notes played out in the song).

(btw, a little disclaimer, don't bash me or come down on my lack of knowledge! This is because I am really not an avid Fruity user! I really do lack knowledge about most of the aspects and elements of the program!)

Yes, I have heard many users call this program now, "Fruity" 6 or the latest version, 7!
So yes, that was a little tid-bit about my great friend and producer Sean!

I thought with my overall topic of music editing & film. This definitely falls in to the music editing film. Although, it's very cool with Fruity, you can actually (after mastering the track or song), convert the final file type in to a mp3 file. Just export that bugger in to a mp3 format and there ya go! Now that you have an mp3 of your song, this is a perfect opportunity to apply your own music to a film or movie that you may be making or producing!

I am an avid Mac user (bring on the love, you haters!! lol.), and I enjoy editing my own short films and fun lil' movies. With my Mac, I use the program entitled, "Final Cut Pro". This is a very strategic (and full of awesome features and effects), but actually very easy program to get used to. With the possible music I can make with Fruity, I can easily "import" these mp3 file songs in to Final Cut Pro and use them for whatever reason I would like (if it be for background noise or for a music video)!!

Interesting stuff! As Borat would say, "I like!!!"

Here's a lil' pic to give you a bit of an idea of what FL Studio 7 looks like (mostly the box, haha!! You get an idea, word!)!



Anyway, I think that is all for now!

Take er' easy and keep it real(z)!!

Until next time, Peace!!!

No comments: