Tuesday, June 17, 2008

Disney! - 'Magical Moments' (continued!)

First!

Magical moments are extremely special, and yes, 'magical' moments when you are a Disney employee. This can be anything from giving a guest a stuffed animal for free or maybe even a ice cream cone (with ice cream in it)! Even possibly if a guest spills ice cream on their shirt, an employee or "cast member" will be more than happy to give you a free shirt!

As a custodian or "show keeper" at the MGM Studios (now called Hollywood Studios), my magical moments were slightly different (and I think, the best moments you can give). One of them was with pans and brooms. We would take park maps and crumble them up in to balls. Then we would set the pans (like 5 or 6 of them) open facing the kids, at different distances (the farthest being the most points). The kids used the brooms as hockey sticks sort of, and hit the balls in to the pans to gather points! Another game was with 'pickers' (one side is a trigger and the other is a claw) and a basket of (fake) fruit! The game would be where we line up all the fruit in like 2 or 3 lines and have the kids (with the pickers) run, like a relay race, back and forth, putting the fruit in the basket, one by one. First person to finish wins! Another simple one was with smaller children, where we just give them the 'picker' and dumped the basket of fruit on the ground and then, the child picks up all the fruit and puts it in to the basket (sometimes, different fruits were worth more or less points for a grand total of magical moment bliss!). So yes! All of these amazingly sweet and fun games were the Magical Moments that I participated in! Cool right, I know! Magical moments rock my socks, and this aspect of my College Program experience was definitely a highlight of the experience. I can't wait to go back to a Disney park and experience a magical moment, especially from the custodial/show-keeping staff!!

I know this has nothing to do with "music editing" or "film". But it was and is an exciting thing to reminisce and talk about. Good times, for sure!

I'm not going to lie, I told a little white lie! Hehe *chuckles*. Now, I do promise you that I will continue in detail (in my next post) about what exactly is in this 'communications' field in the Walt Disney World corporation (all the options, elements, examples, etc.), as far as a Professional Internship goes!!

Take er' easy and have a good one! :)

Peace.

No comments: