Wednesday, June 25, 2008

Cubase Studio 4 vs. Fruity Loops Studio 7

-OR-
Which one is better?

Which is the choice that would better fit my music-editing needs and style of music production?

They both sound appetizing, but I think I might know which one is the better choice!

First, let's start with Fruity Loops Studio 7:

Let's go back to one of my previous posts back in the day about FL 7. I said, "This program allows him and other users to alter beats, instruments, synths and other various noises and sounds. The feature that I love the most about this program has to be the fact that you can import VST (which stands for Virtual Studio Technology). VST (according to Wikipedia.org) is an interface for integrating software audio synthesizer and effect plugins with audio editors and hard-disk recording systems. VST and similar technologies use Digital Signal Processing to simulate traditional recording studio hardware with software. Thousands of plugins exist and VST is supported by a large number of audio applications. The technology can be licensed from its creator, Steinberg."

*So it is interesting to note that Fruity Loops and Cubase Studio are both made by the people from Steinberg*

I also mentioned about Fruity,
"The thing I love about this feature is the synths that you can purchase (or download) and freely import in to the program to use at your free will. You can use the features, buttons and knobs within FL to alter and mess with the sounds of the synths to your liking! Another feature I'm sure all avid "Fruity" users would agree on (loving to use), is EQ'ing! This is used usually when you have completed a song and now you want to master the sound. Mastering means to make it sound... All pretty, basically! The EQ feature allows you to tweak the bass, middle and treble, as well as the various highs and lows of the songs (whether it be the pitches of the sounds, or the notes played out in the song)."

For the latest news, information and features concerning Fruity Loops Studio 7 (and the up and coming version: Fruity Loops Studio 8), go here!

*Sneak peak at the (FL 8) box:

-flstudio.com

*For an overview and price range of the FL products, go here!

Ya know, I'm just going to say it: FL is the way to go! I've done research and more research, and even more research on this program/piece of software - & Fruity is the way to go! When it comes to music-editing and music production - forget Cubase Studio!!
-Cubase Studio 4 is cool, it's hip and quite snazzy, I do admit. But I've made up my mind!

I simply cannot wait for Fruity Loops Studio 8 to debut and come out, I will definitely be dabbling in that software craziness!!

Word!

For other/additional information on Cubase Studio 4, Cubase Studio and other products and features by Steinberg, go here!

Sounds good!

Take it easy,
& Peace!

No comments: