Wednesday, June 4, 2008

DEMF (Detroit Electronic Music Festival)!

I am back, and boy does it fell good!

Just recently (during Memorial Day Weekend), a festival named DEMF occured.

Yes, I was there, so were my close and other amazingly sweet friends. :)

This event is a three-day festival held (every year since, I believe 1999) in the, "Hart Plaza" in Downtown Detroit (said in a French accent *Detwaa*). Haha, I make myself giggle sometimes.
The Hart Plaza happens to be right next to the "Renaissance Center - GM Tower".
Kinda cool, it's actually a Marriott Hotel as well (this is where I've stayed for the festival every year that I've gone). Although this year I stayed across the street at the Marriott Courtyard Hotel.

Anyway! The Detroit Electronic Music Festival features artists, Dj's, producers and even photographers from around the world. All there to play and experience one genre of music... Electronic Music.

Not only were artists there, but businesses from around Michigan and the surrounding states were there selling merchandise and other products.

This is a festival for all to come and enjoy, dance, listen, learn and play with the best (in my opinion) style/kind/genre of music, ever! You stay at a nearby hotel and come to enjoy, between the hours of 12 noon to 12 midnight (and this schedule goes straight, for the three-day festival).

It's quite the experience, one that can't be forgotten (unless some dumb people choose to use those stupid things called drugs)!
Don't mean to keep describing it, but this festival was and is amazing. All the shops, all of the merchandise, great food and drinks, tents and stages full of famous, world-renowned Disc Jockeys. Not to mention the high grade, top of the line lighting and sound equipment!! Food, drinks, people (sweet, unique and fun at that), clothing (apparel) and other novelties, and MUSIC, EVERYWHERE!!!

*Snickers*, just talking about it gets me all excited!!!

The reason though, why I decided to choose this event and topic for the main topic of my blog is because of MUSIC. Music is one of the main points of my topic for this blog. Let me tell you, MUSIC is the reason DEMF is still going strong and prospering. It is also continues to awe, inspire and help people grow both musically and psychologically (psycho. because it helps one to feel comfortable, free and ready to dance and enjoy one of the most forward-thinking and forward-moving genres of music in today's music world!)!
It helps people of all races, creeds, religions witness one type of music and unite together as one!
It helps people feel free to let go and let love!
(Also to let go, and let DEMF!!!)
It allows people to respect others and enjoy the experience at hand.

This festival is a pandemonium of music. Chock full of FIVE stages, featuring artists playing different sub-genres of Electronic music, such as:
  • Techno
  • Detroit techno
  • Breakbeat
  • Drum and Bass
  • Rap
  • Hip-Hop
  • House
  • Electro House
  • Progressive/Tech-House
  • Etc.
I know, DEMF did such a great job with sales this year (they started to charge for admission to the festival about three years ago). I believe this year came to be the best turnout year as far as the amount of people. Since there is a charge to get in, I know Paxahau raised probably the most money that they've ever gained for any other event.
Since there were incredibly famous and talented artists (with great staging, sound and lights (from the great turnout and revenue made the previous year)), this means (because of the great turnout of people this year (bringing even more revenue in this year)), there this year, next year's DEMF will be even:
  1. Larger
  2. Better (sound, lights, staging, stores and ARTISTS!!!)
  3. Brighter
  4. Even more unbelievable
  5. Even more unforgettable
  6. Just that much more amazing in general
Electronic music is incredible (as you can obviously see, in my opinion), it's uplifting, thriving, endorphin-creating, and just really awesome. It brings people together and brings love and music together!

Here's a 'gif' file (of an ad) for the festival
&
the front of the main flyer for DEMF!!!:




Woot!

I believe that's it for this posting!!

Thanks for reading!

I'll be back (as Arnold would say!)!

Peace to you.

Buh-bye!

3 comments:

GenerationXpert said...

Man, sounds awesome. Wish I hadn't been in Cleveland.
-suzanne

Anonymous said...

definitely sounds like a festival worth going to. i'll have to check this one out next year.

Unknown said...

I live in the area and did not know about this festival, how sad! You have me sold for next year, thanks for the info.!